Pennzoil began as the South Penn Oil Company in 1889, an oil was first discovered in Bedford, Pennsylvania, in the US. It was the name of this company that inspired “Pennzoil”, a brand of motor oil. In 1916, “Pennzoil” selling motor oil. Currently, Pennzoil products are available in 70 countries around the world.
Pennzoil as a company took its form in 1963, as result of a merger between South Penn Oil Company, STETCO Petroleum Corporation and Zapala Offshore Oil Company. As Early as the end of 1960s, Pennzoil has built a presence in Malaysia through UMW, a leading local automotive.
Today, Pennzoil product are marketed exclusively by UMW Pennzoil Distributors Sdn. Bhd. through a comprehensive nationwide network of authorised dealers.