Personal Data Protection Notice for UMW Pennzoil Distributors Sdn. Bhd.
UMW Pennzoil Distributors Sdn. Bhd. (“UMWP”) respects and is committed to the protection of your personal data and your privacy. This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) explains how we collect and handle your personal data in accordance with the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”). Please note that UMWP may amend this Notice at any time without prior notice and any such amendment will be notified via our website or by email.
1. Personal Data
1.1 Type of personal data
- Personal data means any information which relates to you and which was collected or provided to UMWP for the purposes stated in Section (2) below.
- Personal data may include your name, contact details, address, identification card number, financial and banking account details, closed circuit television (“CCTV”) or security recordings, images (photographs and video recordings), location tracking or global positioning system (“GPS”) information.
1.2 Source of personal data
1.2.1 Customer or potential customer: UMWP collects your personal data directly from you or indirectly from third parties, your employer or searches carried out or information obtained from any regulatory or credit reporting agency. For example:
- when you contact us directly through UMWP’s authorised dealers, distributors and / or branches;
- when you contact us directly through UMWP’s website and / or customer service team, for example, upon enquiry of our products and / or services;
- through marketing activities or events, for example surveys conducted at road shows, exhibitions and / or business card collections via fish bowl method;
- through third parties such as our business partners and / or your agents;
- through regulatory authorities; and
- through cookies from the use of UMWP’s website.
1.2.2 Dealer, vendor, supplier or service provider: UMWP collects your personal data directly from you or indirectly from your third parties, your employer or searches carried out or information obtained from any regulatory or credit reporting agency. For example:
- when you contact us directly in relation to any commercial transactions;
- when tendering for projects;
- when you send us completed enquiry and / or credit application forms;
- when we are assessing your creditability;
- through third parties such as our business partners; and
- through cookies from the use of UMWP’s website.
1.2.3 Obligatory personal data
- All information requested from you is obligatory to be provided by you unless stated otherwise.
- Should you fail to provide the obligatory information, we may be unable to:
- provide you with the relevant product or services requested for; or
- process the relevant commercial transactions.
2. Purposes for collecting and further processing (including disclosing) your personal data
2.1 Customer or potential customer: Your personal data is collected and further processed as required or permitted by law and to give effect to your requested commercial transaction, including the following:
- to process your order to purchase our products and / or services;
- to provide you with the services or information requested;
- to contact you regarding product information, services, upcoming events, promotions, advertising, marketing and commercial materials which we feel may interest you upon your request*;
- to provide you with after-sales services;
- for UMWP’s internal records management;
- to carry out market analysis and research and customer profiling to gauge the market trends;
- to provide you with customer support;
- to facilitate your participation in any contest, event and / or membership programme;
- to ensure that the content of UMWP’s website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and / or device;
- to improve the quality of UMWP’s products and /or services;
- to provide assistance on your loan application and / or insurance related matters in relation to the purchase of our products;
- to operate our premises in a manner which is physically safe, secure and befitting of health and safety requirements;
- to support the business, financial and risk monitoring, planning and decision making of UMWP;
- for internal investigations, audit or security purposes; and
- to comply with UMWP’s legal and regulatory obligations in the conduct of its business.
*You may opt-out from receiving such marketing or promotional material at any time. You may select the “unsubscribe” option provided in UMWP’s email blasts / short message services (“SMS”) blasts or you may contact UMWP at the details provided in Section (6) below.
2.2 Dealer, vendor, supplier or service provider: Your personal data is collected and further processed as required or permitted by law and to give effect to the requested commercial transaction, including the following:
- to administer and give effect to the commercial transaction (such as dealership agreement, tender award, contract for service and / or consignment agreement);
- to provide you with dealer support (for dealers);
- to process your credit account application;
- to assess your credit worthiness;
- to process any payment related to the commercial transaction;
- for internal investigations, audit or security purposes;
- to comply with UMWP’s legal and regulatory obligations in the conduct of its business;
- to support the business, financial and risk monitoring, planning and decision making of UMWP and the UMW Group of Companies;
- to ensure that the content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and / or device; and
- for UMWP’s internal records management.
3. Disclosure or transfer of personal data (within or outside of Malaysia)
Your personal data provided to us may be disclosed to the following classes of third parties (within or outside of Malaysia) as required under the law or pursuant to relevant contractual relationship (for example, where we appoint third party service providers) or for the purposes or directly related to the purposes stated in Section (2) above:
- entities within UMW Holding Berhad group of companies (including related companies, subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies and outsourcing partners);
- potential or actual purchasers, successors-in-title of the business or share (wholly or in part) of UMWP (including their advisers and representatives) as a result of a potential, proposed or actual sale of business, disposal, acquisition, merger or re-organisation;
- UMWP authorised dealers, UMWP distributors and UMWP lubricants suppliers;
- our business partners such as insurance companies, banks and financial institutions;
- government departments or agencies, statutory authorities and industry regulators;
- any person to whom we are compelled or required to do so under law or in response to a competent or government agency;
- law enforcement agencies; and
- third parties appointed by us to provide services to us or on our behalf (such as auditor, lawyer, company secretary, service providers, printing company, telecommunications company, contractor, events and training organisers and other advisers).
4.1 Links to other sites
Links to other sites may be provided on UMWP’s website for your convenience and information. These sites may have their own privacy statement and UMWP do not control, recommend or endorse these sites and UMWP will not be held responsible for these sites or their contents. As such, UMWP encourages you to read the privacy policies of these sites.
4.2 Location enabled products or applications
Location enabled products or applications transmit your location information to us. UMWP will not use the information sent or provided by you for any other purposes other than to provide the services you requested. Location enabled features are opt-in and you have control over your participation and can turn these services off at any time or uninstall them.Some mobile applications will utilise Google Analytics (or a similar tool) to help UMWP better serve you through improved products, services and revisions to the mobile applications. The information collected will not allow UMWP to identify you. It may, however, let us know anonymously, the services and products most searched by you within the application as well as device type used and your country of origin.
In processing your information, cookies, which is a text file placed into the memory of your computer, may be used. UMWP is able to use these cookies to identify you. UMWP may be able to collect the following information during your visit to our website and / or the fully qualified domain name from which you accessed our site, or alternatively, through your internet protocol (“IP”) address:
4.3.1 the date and time in which you accessed our website;
4.3.2 the URL of any webpage from which you accessed our website; and
4.3.3 the web browser which you are using and the pages which you have accessed.
Some websites may require you to provide a limited amount of information in order to obtain the services you requested (i.e. name, email address, contact number). This personal data will only be used for its intended purpose only, i.e. to respond to your message or deliver the requested service.
5. Right to access and correct personal data
- You have the right to access and correct your personal data held by us. We will make every endeavour to ensure your personal data is accurate and up-to-date therefore we ask that if there are any changes to your information you should notify us directly via the contact details provided in Section (6) below.
- If you would like to access your personal data, please refer to our standard data access form and send us the completed form or query to the contact details in Section (6) below. If you would like to correct your personal data, please contact us at the details provided in Section (6) below.
6. Limiting the processing of personal data, further enquiries and complaints
6.1 you would like to obtain further information on how to limit the processing of your personal data; or
6.2 you would like to make an enquiry or have any requests in respect of your personal data;
you may write to us at UMWPpdpa@umw.com.my or call our Customer Relations Executive at 03-5163 5000.
In the event of any conflict between this English language Personal Data Protection Notice and its corresponding Bahasa Malaysia Personal Data Protection Notice, the terms in this English language Notice shall prevail.